Charleston Police Announce Holiday Traffic Enforcement Details and Safety Tips
Charleston, S.C. - To prepare for the upcoming travel and celebrations during the July 4th holiday, Charleston Police are announcing holiday enforcement details and safety tips.
The Charleston Police Traffic Division will be conducting high-visibility enforcement across the city and on major thoroughfares. Additionally, the Harbor Patrol Unit will be out in the waterways to ensure everyone traveling by boat is doing so safely. CPD is committed to ensuring citizens are practicing safe driving habits during the holiday season so everyone in our community can enjoy this time with family, friends, and loved ones.
Charleston Police Officers are asking everyone to do their part to help save lives by being responsible on and around the roadways. Please obey the speed limit and avoid driving impaired or distracted - #ArriveAlive! #SoberOrSlammer!
- Utilize Ride Share Services – It’s only a click away!
- Call a taxi or utilize a designated driver.
- Call 911 immediately if you suspect an impaired driver is on the road.
- Utilize hands-free mode when using your phone to avoid driving distracted.
- Always wear your seatbelt!
- Utilize safety equipment when operating a motorcycle or bicycle.
- Follow all posted speed limits, signs, and traffic signals.
- Obey all traffic laws and signals when operating a bicycle or walking to your destination.
- Heads up! Do not let your phone distract you when you are walking.
Charleston Police wish everyone a safe and happy holiday!