The Building Codes Board of Appeals (BCBOA) consists of five board members and two alternate
members appointed by the Mayor. The board reviews appeal requests relative to the either the Chief Building Official’s or Chief Fire Marshal’s application and interpretation of the adopted South Carolina Building Codes.
See Chapter 7, Article I, Section 7-2 of the City of Charleston’s Code of Ordinances for information
on the authority of the Building Codes Board of Appeals.
Application & Submission
Please complete the BCBOA Application, included any supporting documentation, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are due one week prior to the meeting date. In the event of a holiday, the meeting
will be held the following business day.
The fee is $100.00 and is non-refundable.
Meeting Time & Location
BCBOA meetings are tentatively scheduled on the second Monday of every month at 4:30 p.m. located
at the City of Charleston offices at 2 George Street in the first floor Public Meeting Room.
Board of Appeal Results
Current BOA-BC Members
Interested in becoming a Board Member? Please contact Ken Granata - email@example.com
- Robbie Marty, SC Licensed Architect (Chair)
- Eddie Porcher, SC Licensed Structural Engineer
- Brian Bates, SC Licensed Electrical Engineer
- Mark Lazo, SC Licensed Fire Protection Engineer
- Daniel Beck, SC Licensed Architect
- James Webb, SC Licensed Contractor
- Vacancy - Registered design professional with mechanical and plumbing engineering experience (SC licensed Mechanical/Plumbing Engineer) or a mechanical contractor (SC licensed) with ≥10 years of experience, 5 of which shall have been in responsible charge of work.