FEMA’s interactive Map Service Center can be used to view the currently effective Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM), Flood Insurance Study (FIS), and any Letters of Map Change (LOMC).
Request a change to the Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM).
A property owner may request a change by submitting a Letter of Map Change (LOMC) documentation to FEMA. Reasons to submit a LOMC request include:
- The property is at a higher elevation than the Base Flood Elevation (BFE) on the FIRM.
- The property has been re-graded or elevated with fill.
- More accurate information than shown on the FIRM is available.
- Currently effective and preliminary Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRM)
- Tide trends and projected tides ("Tide Eye")
- Sea Level Rise (SLR) viewer
Stream Gauges and Stream-flow Data:
Image: Historic geologic map of the Mississippi River floodplain,
produced by the United States Army Corps of Engineers
Source: LSU Law Center: Climate Change Law & Policy Project
Local Sea Level Rise (SLR) Projections: