The city of Charleston is planning for the future of YOUR parks and recreation opportunities. Join the conversation to help shape the future of our city and ensure that our parks and recreation offerings continue to positively serve our community and meet its needs.
This comprehensive plan, and the feedback incorporated within it, will generate policies and direction for the city’s leaders and Parks and Recreation departments for the next ten years.
There are several ways to submit your ideas, including:
- Complete the Parks and Recreation Master Plan Survey online: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CHSParks (options for English and Spanish)
- Pick up a handout of the same survey, which is available at local recreation and community centers, in addition to other city facilities. These may be returned to the centers or to the Charleston Parks Department, located at 823 Meeting Street.
- Attend Public Open Houses, which are tentatively scheduled to take place later this year and will be held in conjunction with the city’s Comprehensive Plan process.
- Join Stakeholder Group Discussions, which will consist of park and recreation users, community leaders and other partners who will provide input specific to their group’s interests and needs.
- View a Public Presentation – The Draft and Final Master Plans are expected to be presented in a public forum later in the process for the community’s review and discussion.
- Visit CharlestonParks.MindMixer.com, an online engagement site where you can provide input throughout the year-long master planning process. The discussion topics will change as the process advances. This site will allow you to:
- Share what you miss most about your parks and recreation opportunities during this unprecedented time of social distancing.
- Identify your favorite activities in Charleston Parks.
- Vote on the types of improvements you would like to see.
- Identify your ideas for improvements to parks, trails, natural areas, programs and events.
- Identify your vision for the future of parks in Charleston.
- Share photos of your favorite places and activities in Charleston Parks.
- Identify on a map where new parks and facilities should be located.
- Respond to suggestions made by others.