The Charleston Fire Department will commemorate the anniversary of the loss of 9 Charleston Firefighters at 7:00 PM on June 18th. The ceremony will be conducted at the Charleston 9 Memorial Park, 1807 Savannah Highway. Members of the fire service and our community are welcome to attend.
The event will be live-streamed on the CFD Facebook page, when possible, at https://www.facebook.com/charlestonfire.
Charleston Fire Department personnel will initiate a watch at the flagpole of the memorial park starting at midnight and continuing for the 24 hours of June 18th.
- Media interviews with the Chief will be conducted on site between 5:30 PM – 6:00 PM.
- Family members may arrive any time prior to 7:00 PM.
- Limited seating will be available with priority given to families of the fallen and past members of the CFD .
- Members of the public and uniformed personnel from outside agencies are welcome to attend.
- Members from the Lowcountry Firefighter Support Team, counselors from Charleston Dorchester Mental Health Center, and members from the Coastal Crisis Chaplaincy will be on site to offer support.
- Honor Guard members will escort family members to the seating area between 6:30 – 7:00 PM.
- The ceremony will begin promptly at 7:00 PM.
- Roll call of the fallen & tolling of the bell.
- Time of reflection throughout the site.
- Parking in the area is very limited and we encourage carpooling.
- Limited parking will be available behind Fire Station 11 at 1835 Savannah Highway.
- Limited parking is available off of Wappoo Road adjacent to the bike trail.
- The memorial park parking lot along Savannah Highway will be reserved for CFD apparatus and media staging.
- Limited media parking will be available at the northwest corner of the memorial site parking lot.