The City of Charleston has created an easy-to-use and mobile friendly web portal that will allow constituents to select a drain of their choice to adopt. The interactive map shows which drains are available to adopt and where.
To get started, visit the web portal (available via City of Charleston mobile app):
In the web portal you can:
- View and adopt available drains
- Review program details
- Read terms and conditions
- Submit Field Inspection Reports
- The web portal is both desktop and mobile device friendly! Consider bookmarking the web portal address and/or adding it to the home screen of your favorite mobile device. The web portal is also easily available in the City of Charleston mobile app!
- You can use your mobile device to easily complete Field Inspection Reports. Consider including proud pictures of your drain, both before and after cleanings!
Instructions for easy access to the web portal on a mobile device (pick all 3 options, or choose 1!)
OPTION A: Download the City of Charleston mobile app from your app store. The web portal is located in the "maps" section.
OPTION B: Bookmark the page on your favorite browser.
OPTION C: Add the web portal to your mobile device home screen:
On Apple phones/tablets, click the share button, then scroll the bottom reel, past the Copy, Print options and select the + button that says ‘Add to Home Screen’.
On Android devices, click the ‘more’ button, then select the ‘Add to Home Screen’ option.
or visit: https://www.howtogeek.com/196087/how-to-add-websites-to-the-home-screen-on-any-smartphone-or-tablet/