Help Center
Click to Home
Go To Search
Frequently Requested Records
Many of the public records most frequently requested from the Records Management Division are issued by other government agencies rather than by the City of Charleston: 

  • Birth Certificates
  • Death Certificates
  • Copies of Marriage Licenses
  • Copies of Reports of Divorce    

These records are issued by the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control, Vital Records Division. Apply online, by mail, or in person. Walk-in service in the Charleston area is available at the North Charleston office of the Charleston County Health Department, 4050 Bridge View Drive. Call 843-953-0032 for more information. 

  • Copies of Divorce Decrees

Divorce decrees granted in Charleston County are issued by the Charleston County Clerk of Court. Call 843-958-5000 for more information. For divorces granted in other counties, contact the Clerk of Court for that county.

  • Deeds, Plats and Mortgages

Real property located in the city of Charleston (except Daniel Island) are filed with the Charleston County Register of Mesne Conveyance(RMC). Many of the RMC Office's images and documents are available online.

For real property located on Daniel Island, contact the Berkeley County Register of Deeds.