Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
*The Charleston 350 Commemorative Fund is the official philanthropic fund established through the Coastal Community Foundation that will reinvest the net proceeds from the Commemoration back into the community through community-based grants following the conclusion of the Charleston 350 Commemoration.
Please select all that apply.
All official Charleston 350 Commemoration partnering events or partner promotions will be required to display and promote their involvement with the Charleston 350 Commemoration in order to increase awareness, not only for the partnering event, but for the Charleston 350 Commemoration as a whole. Use this space to explain how you will accomplish this requirement.
Charleston 350 Commemoration Mission: In 2020, the City of Charleston will commemorate the 350th anniversary of the historic founding at Charles Towne (1670) by engaging the community and the State of South Carolina to honor the City’s rich heritage, unique customs, and diverse cultures in a manner that examines its past and present, setting the course for its future as a 21st-century global city.
• Use of the official Charleston 350 Commemoration “Partner” seal
• Inclusion on the Charleston 350 Commemoration website and calendar of events
• Promotion on Charleston 350 Commemoration social media channels
• Inclusion in Charleston 350 Commemoration promotional e-blasts
• Official Charleston 350 Commemoration press release template to support publicity efforts
• Window decal to display at place of business
• Exposure to a community-wide audience
• All official Charleston 350 Commemoration partnering events or partner promotions will be required to display and promote their involvement with the Charleston 350 Commemoration in order to increase awareness, not only for the partnering event, but for the Charleston 350 Commemoration as a whole.
• The City of Charleston, Charleston 350 Commemoration representatives, volunteers, third-party vendors and any related entities are not financially responsible for partnering events or promotions.
• An application must be completed and submitted to the sub-committee of the Charleston 350 Commemoration at least four (4) weeks prior to the proposed partnering event/promotion. The sub-committee may request the applicant to meet in person to answer any questions or to provide additional information, including financial information about the company/ organization, a proposed budget for the event, and/or Certificates of Insurance evidencing general liability and property damage insurance for the event, as determined necessary by the sub-committee.
• The sub-committee on behalf of the Charleston 350 Commemoration reserves the right to deny any application for a partnering event/promotion which in its sole determination does not complement or advance the Charleston 350 Commemoration mission and to cancel official partnering status of an organization at any time if the sub-committee deems it is in the best interest of the City to do so. Upon such cancellation, the organization shall immediately cease use of the official Charleston 350 Commemoration seal and all other promotional materials.
• Approval by the sub-committee does not relieve applicants from applying for and obtaining other City permits, licenses, and/or approvals that may be required for an event or promotion, including special events permits, facility use permits, street-blocking permits, etc., and applicants should contact the City of Charleston Recreation Department for more information.
• Publicity must include “ is honored to be an official partnering event of the Charleston 350 Commemoration.” or “ is honored to be an official Charleston 350 Commemoration partner.”
• The City of Charleston, Charleston 350 Commemoration representatives and volunteers, and all related entities are not liable for any injuries, property damage, or loss of any kind, sustained by any person in relations to a partnering event and/or promotion and shall not assume any liability for the event/promotion.
• No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination in relation to any partnering events or promotions on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, familial status, disability or sexual orientation.
• All partnering events and promotions must be ADA compliant, to include physical access, effective communication, and service animals. The City’s ADA Coordinator will review applications and may contact applicants with any questions. The City of Charleston is not financially responsible for any modifications or accommodations required.
• All partnering events and promotions shall comply with all applicable Federal, State, and City laws, ordinances, and regulations.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field