How do I get a Residential Parking Permit?
If you live within a Residential Parking District, you may obtain a residential parking permit/decal from Revenue Collections Parking Ticket Division, located at 180 Lockwood Boulevard. Please note that all unpaid parking citations must be paid in full before a new parking permit is issued.

Homeowner requirements are as follows:

1. A copy of the vehicle registration for each vehicle requiring a permit. If vehicle registration is in a company name and/or last name differs,please provide a notarized statement from the company or individual authorizing use of this vehicle.

2. One of the following:
a) copy of current property tax receipt or current property tax bill or
b) copy of closing statement (new property purchase - new owners only)

Renter requirements are as follows:

1. A current lease agreement or notarized form outlining terms of rental agreement if a lease does not exist.

2. A current vehicle's registration (if last name differs, you must bring notarized form from owner giving permission to use vehicle) or a current bill of sale from the recent purchase of a new vehicle.

Please call (843) 724-7375 if you have any other questions.
Residential Parking Permit Website

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a Residential Parking Permit?
2. Can I vend food from a truck on City streets?
3. Can I rent a city-owned facility for a private function?
4. What are franchise fees on my electric and cable bills?
5. Do I need a business license to conduct business in the City of Charleston?
6. How do I determine if my business is allowed at the location I selected?
7. What permits or approvals are required to open a restaurant?
8. What permits or approvals, other than a business license certificate of occupancy, do I need to sell alcoholic beverages for on-site or off-site consumption?
9. What city regulations apply to operating a business within my home?
10. Can I vend food from a truck on private property?
11. Is a permit or license required by the City for a garage or yard sale?