How do I file a complaint or compliment on an Officer?

Complaints or compliments can be made in person, by phone, in writing, or through this website. All complaints, including anonymous complaints, are accepted and reviewed with follow-up activity to be assigned to the appropriate personnel. Keep in mind that if you file a complaint anonymously, we will not be able to follow up with you on your complaint.

Contact Information

If you would like to file a complaint or compliment, please contact the Office of Internal Affairs:

  • Send a letter to or visit:
    Charleston Police Department
    Office of Internal Affairs
    180 Lockwood Boulevard
    Charleston, SC. 29403-5123
  • Call the Office of Internal Affairs at 843-720-2447.
  • You can also fill out the  Officer Comment Card Fill-In Form to email the information to the Professional Standards Office.
  • Email Internal Affairs at

Show All Answers

1. Do I have to come to the police station to file a report?
2. How do I get a copy of a police report / accident report?
3. How do I hire an Off-Duty Police Officer for security?
4. How do I get a background check and / or fingerprints made for a job?
5. How do I file a complaint or compliment on an Officer?
6. How do I contact Property/Evidence to retrieve items?
7. How can I participate in a ride-along?
8. Where can I use my skateboard?
9. What is the tattoo policy?
10. What are the bicycle rack and parking rules?
11. How do I register my bicycle?
12. What are the rules for Vehicle for Hire?