What can I do about pet waste issues?
Dog waste is litter and it is unlawful to leave it on public or private properties. You can report a particular individual to the Livability Court at 805-3226, please provide as much documented evidence as you can.

You can also purchase a Pick Up After Your Pet sign to hang on your private property or you can sponsor a dog bag dispenser at a City park near you. Additionally, Keep Charleston Beautiful has brochures available on the harmful impacts of pet waste and the laws regarding it.

Show All Answers

1. Is littering illegal?
2. I saw someone throw litter out of their car. Who do I report this to?
3. How do I report Graffiti?
4. Who do I contact about trash left out or similar code enforcement issues?
5. What can I do about pet waste issues?
6. What is a snipe sign?
7. What are the hours of the Bees Ferry Landfill?
8. What is my garbage collection day? What is my recycling day?
9. How do I set up recycling? What can I recycle?
10. Can I recycle my phone books?
11. I need to complete some community service. Can I work with Keep Charleston Beautiful?
12. Can you speak to my community group about litter?
13. How do I schedule a School presentation?
14. How do I plan an event in a park?
15. Who is responsible for maintaining litter-free roadways in Charleston?
16. What are the rules for the City's fenced dog runs?
17. What is 10,000 Trees for Charleston?