The city of Charleston’s annual Holiday Parade will take place on Sunday, December 1, 2019, beginning at 3 p.m.
The parade will begin near Colonial Lake on Broad Street, will continue east on Broad Street to Meeting Street, where it will turn and travel north on Meeting Street before dispersing on Calhoun Street at Marion Square.
The following road closures will be in effect during the event:
- Lockwood Boulevard between Montagu Street and Broad Street will begin to close at 12:30 p.m.
- Broad Street between Lockwood Boulevard & Rutledge Avenue will begin to close at 12:30 p.m.
- Broad Street (between Rutledge Avenue and Meeting Street), Meeting Street (between Broad and Calhoun Streets), Calhoun Street (between Meeting and East Bay Streets) and adjacent streets will begin to close at 2:00 p.m.
Following the parade, the areas noted below will be closed to facilitate the breakdown and disbursement of parade participants:
- Meeting Street between Charlotte Street and Calhoun Street.
- Calhoun Street between Meeting Street and Washington Street.
- Washington Street between Charlotte Street and Calhoun Street.
To ensure pedestrian, vehicular, and equipment safety, as well as emergency vehicle access during the parade, parking along the route, including Broad Street, will be prohibited on Sunday, December 1 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Towing will be enforced during this time.
The annual Tree Lighting Ceremony will follow the Holiday Parade in Marion Square, with live music from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. The tree will be lit promptly at 6 p.m. Kettle corn, hot chocolate, coffee, cotton candy and non-alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase. Families can also enjoy free visits with Santa and Mrs. Claus.
Additionally, the final Regular Season Charleston Farmers Market is this Saturday, November 30th from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., but the Holiday Market, which is an extension of the Charleston Farmer Market, will be held on the following dates from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.:
- Saturday, December 7
- Sunday, December 8
- Saturday, December 14
- Sunday, December 15
- Saturday, December 21
- Sunday, December 22
There will be free visits with Santa and Mrs. Claus, carolers and live music at each Holiday Market in Marion Square.
Additional Information can be found at CharlestonArts.org.