The city of Charleston’s annual Holiday Parade will take place on Sunday, December 4, 2022, beginning at 3 p.m.
The parade will begin near Colonial Lake on Broad Street, will continue east on Broad Street to Meeting Street, where it will turn and travel north on Meeting Street before dispersing on Calhoun Street at Marion Square.
The following road closures will be in effect for the event:
- The parade lineup area will close to traffic starting at 12:30 p.m. The parade lineup area includes:
- Lockwood Boulevard from Montague Street to Broad Street
- Broad Street from Lockwood Boulevard to Rutledge Avenue
- Ashley Avenue from Beaufain Street to Broad Street
- The parade route will begin closing to traffic starting at 2 p.m. with a full closure at 2:45 p.m. The parade route includes:
- Broad Street from Rutledge Avenue to Meeting Street
- Meeting Street from Broad Street to Calhoun Street
- Following the parade, an area will be closed for parade participants and floats to breakdown. The breakdown area includes:
- Calhoun Street from Meeting Street to East Bay Street.
All roadways should reopen by 5:30 p.m.
To ensure pedestrian, vehicular, and equipment safety, as well as emergency vehicle access during the parade, parking along the route, including Broad Street, will be prohibited on Sunday, December 4 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Towing will be enforced during this time.
The annual Tree Lighting Ceremony will follow the Holiday Parade in Marion Square, with live music starting at 5 p.m. The tree will be lit promptly at 6 p.m. Sweets and non-alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase.
Additional information can be found at www.charlestonarts.org.