December 3, 2017
The parade will commence on Broad Street at Barre Street, travel North on King Street, and conclude on Calhoun Street at Meeting Street.
Parade will commence on Broad Street at Barre St.
Annual Holiday Parade
Sunday, December 3, 2017
The City of Charleston Holiday Parade offers a great opportunity to bring the community together and appreciate the joy that comes along with the Holiday season. This year’s special guest is Santa Claus. Santa Claus will be featured at the rear of the Parade and will be delivered to Marion Square at the conclusion of the Parade. Santa Claus will be available in Marion Square following the parade for photos.
Street closures are listed below. All streets are projected to reopen by 5:00 PM.
- Lockwood Boulevard south of Montagu Street at 12:30 PM
- Broad Street between Lockwood Boulevard and Barre Street at 12:30 PM.
- Broad Street, King Street, Calhoun Street and adjacent streets will begin to close at 12:30 PM.
- Route along Colonial Lake will remain open until Broad Street closes at 12:30 PM.
Following the parade, the areas noted below will be closed to facilitate the breakdown and disbursement of parade participants:
- Meeting Street between Charlotte Street and Calhoun Street.
- Calhoun Street between Meeting Street and Washington Street.
- Washington Street between Charlotte Street and Calhoun Street.
Parking will be prohibited on the following streets the day of the Parade and towing will be enforced:
- Calhoun Street between King Street and East Bay Street.
- King Street between John Street and Broad Street.
- Broad Street between Lockwood Boulevard and King Street.
The City of Charleston and County of Charleston offer free two hour parking vouchers for participating garages. Click the voucher below to download and print. The voucher is valid beginning Friday, November 24, 2017 through Monday, January 1, 2018.