Recovery Resources

Report Damage

City of Charleston Citizen Services Desk

Building Permits

Buildings in flood zones A, AE or VE

Building permits are required for all repairs

For all other buildings

(not in a flood zone) To determine if you need a building permit

Contractor Information

Hire a Licensed South Carolina Contractor

Contractors are required to have a City Business License AND a South Carolina Contractors License

Debris Removal

Please create separate debris piles for:

  • Hazardous
  • Household/Demolition
  • Yard

Please place debris piles adjacent to the street for collection.

Keep fire hydrants and drainage inlets clear.